There’s a lot of ‘buzz’ these days about Mobile Marketing and how it’s changing the world of advertising and direct communication with consumers. You hear a lot about how effective it is, for example:
- 97% of people who receive a text message read it within 15 minutes of receipt
- Average response rates to mobile marketing campaigns are 12 – 15%, though many companies are seeing reponse rates exceeding 60%!
- Mobile coupon redemption is 10X that of traditional coupons
- 53% of mobile users would share their location to receive relevant ads
However, as marketers begin to become familiar with all of the Mobile Marketing options available to them, one issue they will need to give serious consideration to is how to integrate Mobile into their existing marketing strategy.
To help facilitate a better understanding of the Mobile Marketing opportunity and the most effective ways to take advantage of it, Mobile Monday Detroit is presenting a Mobile Marketing panel discussion with Michigan-based experts in a variety of mobile marketing specialty areas. During the panel discussion, which is moderated by Mobile Monday Michigan co-founder and Mobile Technology Association of Michigan founder, Linda Daichendt, audience members will have an opportunity to ask questions of the panel members.
Attendees may pre-submit questions in advance of the event to info@MobileMondayMichigan.org and the Moderator will ask as many of those questions as possible of the panel members.
Panel members will include:
- Dan Hurd, CEO, Rapid Craft / ProxiBlaster (Metro Detroit) – Bluetooth Mobile Marketing
- Doug Lang, Director of Marketing/ Sales, Red Pigeon Mobile Marketing (Grand Rapids) – QR codes
- Hans Hegge, CEO, Text Ripple (Metro Detroit) – SMS/texting
- Anny Woo, Senior Innovation Manager, ePrize (Metro Detroit) – GPS / location-based mobile marketing
- Buzz Brown, CEO, Fourstream USA (Metro Detroit) – Mobile websites
- Christian Marcillo, Co-owner, Future Help Designs (Metro Detroit) – Mobile apps
- Thomas Beals, Founder/President, MBO (Metro Detroit) – IVR
Additionally, Linda Daichendt will present an overview of the mobile marketing medium, including information from national and international studies, examples from companies who have incorporated mobile into their marketing strategies, and information regarding the regulations and best practices involved in using mobile marketing.
Once again Mobile Monday Detroit will be meeting at the Compuware Building located at 1 Campus Martius in Detroit.
We’re very excited to be able to provide information on this valuable mobile topic at this month’s Mobile Monday Detroit meeting, and appreciate Compuware’s offer of their meeting facilities to once again host our event. We hope you will join us there!
Please note that we have scheduled the networking portion of our meeting to begin at 5:30 p.m. in response to requests for extended networking opportunities at the meetings.
The meeting schedule:
5:30 p.m. – 6:20 p.m. Registration and Networking
6:20 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Announcements
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Presentations
Refreshments will be provided courtesy of Compuware.