Forum Nokia is challenging mobile and web application developers worldwide to submit best-in-class applications for use on Nokia devices in the 2009 Calling All Innovators contest. Winning applications will be featured in Nokia’s new Ovi Store, which has the potential to reach 50 million Nokia devices globally when it launches in May.
The top submission in each category will receive cash and prizes that include:
* Premium placement of the winning application in Nokia's Ovi Store, where consumers will find the best mobile applications and content for their Nokia devices;
* Paid travel to demo the winning application at a Nokia-specified event; and
* The winning applications will be reviewed by Nokia for possible preload on future Nokia devices.
Total cash and prizes for winning applications are worth more than $250,000!
Developers can submit applications in three contest categories:
* Internet Innovation – Transform consumer-focused ideas into real applications on Nokia devices using standards-based web technologies.
* Flash –Build compelling applications that expand the capabilities of Flash Lite on Nokia devices.
* Emerging Markets and Mobile Necessities – Create innovative applications that cut across mobile technology platforms. All applications will be considered, including those developed using Java, Python, or open source.
In the Flash category, there is an additional prize of $10,000 USD, for one application that also received money from the Open Screen Project Fund this year.
Details about the types of applications that can be submitted, along with the judging criteria, are available on the contest website.
Contest entries will be accepted until midnight (EST) on 30 June 2009.
Finalists will be announced on 17 August 2009, and the winners will be announced at Nokia World in early September.