We have merged several lists below – thanks to Alex, Eric and Lisa - of functions and suggest members join the MWC Group with Dedicated Forum to arrange contacts & share plans. We look forward to see you all at Fira and on Las Ramblas..
**As noted within this recent news, we are planning a joint event organized together with Etisalat. Meanwhile, no doubt there will be plenty of action again this year @App Planet in Hall 7 – Details Here. Otherwise, suggest folks read this post by Carlo at WIP for $$ tips on getting local SIM in Barca!
Sunday, February 13th
EVENT: Showstoppers Invite Only
TIME: 17:00 to 20:00
LOCATION: Husa Rey Juan Carlos, Avinguda Diagonal, 661, Barcelona
EVENT: SonyEricsson Press Conference: Xperia Family Invite Only
TIME: 18:00 to
LOCATION: Opium Mar, Paseo Marítimo 34, Barcelona
Mobile Sunday Barcelona 2011-01-15
WHEN: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 7 PM
WHERE: VINTAGE, Carrer de la Fusina, 7, 08003 Barcelona
The sixth annual Mobile Monday Sunday – an unofficial, informal and generally cool and funky gathering of mobile bloggers and their chums is hosted by Rudy de Waele (m-trends.org), meets at one of the coolest bars in Barcelona, the VINTAGE, that has a spacious, jazzy, loungy atmosphere with various rooms and salons. On offerfor 500 guests is drinks and nibbles, a heated terrace, sofas, private salons, four screens and a dancefloor. Attended by start-ups to VCs, operators to handset manufacturers, making an influential crowd. This is also a unique chance for you to meet the most influent bloggers writing about mobile and to meet the MobileMonday global chapter founders all in one spot.
Monday, February 14th
Mobile World Congress Brokerage 2011
WHEN: Monday-Wednesday, February 14-16, 2011
WHERE: Fira de Barcelona
This forum will bring together suppliers and users of mobile technology and know-how from all over Europe (and other countries such as Canada, Israel, United States and more) to discuss solutions and new opportunities for the future. The Mobile Brokerage Event 2011 is the ideal environment for: small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), offering and those looking for new technologies; scientists and research institutes offering innovative RTD results; start-up companies and entrepreneurs; operators willing to meet innovators and added-value service providers.
- About: “A special event « Mobile Monday » will be organized on the Demo Area of the French Pavilion“
- Time: 14 February, 2011:3:00-3:50pm
- Location: French Pavilion, “Demo space” on 2E47, Fira Barcelona
- RSVP: None required. More information here.
- Cost: Free
- About: “We’ll be serving drinks and snacks every day during the show between 5 and 6. Visit us at Mobile World Congress 2011 in Barcelona, Spain between February 14-17 and see how our solutions give you an edge in the mobile world. We offer device manufacturers, consumer electronics and automotive companies ways to greater profit and shorter development times in Mobile Linux smartphones and tablets, In-Vehicle Infotainment and end-to-end applications. It’s your destination for real innovation.”
- Time: 14 February, 2011: 5-6pm
- Location: 8B79 in Hall 8
- RSVP: Not required
- Cost: Free
EVENT: Block Party! No RSVP required
Sponsored by RIM, NTT Solmare and Velti
TIME: 17:00 to 19:00
LOCATION: Hall 7, Stand 7B42, 7C44, and 7C58, Fira de Barcelona
Mobile Premier Awards
WHEN: Monday, February 14, 2011, 3 PM
WHERE: Telefonica R&D Catalunya Headquaters
The Mobile Premier Awards are among the most influential events in the mobile industry and the point of reference in early-stage innovation during the Mobile World Congress, featuring 20 finalists from the AppCircuses events held during 2010. Participation is free and open to any start-up or developer with a mobile app! Registration will start 2:30 PM, drinks will be offered after the event in the same location until ca. 8 PM.The nominated apps for the Mobile Premier Awards 2011 edition include the AppCircus winners of the 2010 series of events and a selection of the best apps of the AppCircus Categories. All entries will be judged by an international jury (2011 jury TBC) in the week from January 17-22. The finalists to present at the event will be announced on January 24, 2011
Mobile Valentines Day
WHEN: Monday, February 14, 2011 7-11:30pm
WHERE: Alsur Cafe el Born: Carrer dels Carders 17, Barcelona.
*RSVP required, please visit website.
Each year in February we get together to celebrate our true love to mobile devices by taking part in Mobile World Congress, which starts this year on February 14th. To share your passion to mobile we are happy to invite you to Mobile Valentine’s Day party at MWC 2011. Bring your good mood, networking skills and friends with you.
This event is sponsored by Mobile Europe Magazine, SPB Software and Camerjam, who make sure there will be enough food and drinks for all.
Tuesday, February 15th
BlackBerry Developer Day at Mobile World Congress
When: Tue, February 15, 1pm – 2pm
Where: Mobile World Congress – App Planet in Hall 7
- About: “Redknee would like you to join us for drinks to toast to a successful Mobile World Congress 2011 and year ahead. Come and join Redknee executives, our global operator customers, media and analysts for an informal meet and greet.“
- Time: 15 February, 2011: 3:30pm
- Location: Redknee Stand in Hall 1, Stand 1E37
- RSVP: For more information and to RSVP please contact Amy Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost: Free
The Global Mobile Awards Ceremony
WHEN: Tuesday, 15 February 2011, 3:45 – 5:15
WHERE: Conference center, Hall 5, Auditorium 1
The Awards presentation will take place in a special ceremony during Mobile World Congress, followed by the official Congress Party & Awards Celebration event. The afternoon Global Mobile Awards Ceremony is included in Gold and Platinum Passes. The evening Congress Party & Awards Celebration is included in the Platinum Pass only, but may be added on to Gold, Silver and Exhibition Visitor Passes for an additional fee.
Panel Session: 15 February 2011, Sala Principe, Hall 8, La Fira, Barcelona. 4pm to 6pm
You’ve heard about speed dating, maybe even speed networking, but have you heard of speed panels? Well that’s what Mobile Monday London and UKTI have in store for you.
The registration desk will be open at 3.45pm at Sala Principe in Hall 8. The panel session will last about an hour or so with another hour for networking and mingling. We’re still on the lookout for a sponsor for the drinks so please get in touch if that sounds like you!
If you’re like to attend, please RSVP. Registration for this event will close on Friday 11 February at midday or when registration is full – whichever comes first.
Doors open: 15:45
Panel session starts: 16:00
Panel session ends and networking begins: 17:00
Doors close: 18:00
The venue for the session has been kindly provided by our friends at the UKTI. If you’re interested in finding out more about the UK technology companies who are exhibiting or are present at this year’s Mobile World Congress, please go to the dedicated website at UK Technology Live. We also recommend you sign up there so that you can network with other attendees.
- About: “Since 2002, the Swedish Trade Council has managed the Pavilion at Mobile World Congress. In addition to the featured companies, the Pavilion will host a cocktail reception on Tuesday, February 15 at 4 p.m. The featured guest will be Dr. Marianne Treschow, the former Director General and member of the Board of the Swedish Post and Telecom Agency (PTS) and current Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) Associate for Scandinavia. There will also be opportunities to talk with some of Sweden’s leading mobile and telecommunications leaders regarding their plans for Mobile 3.0.“
- Time: 15 February, 2011: 4:00 pm
- Location: Swedish Trade Council Pavilion, Hall 2 F1, Fira
- RSVP: RSVP to email@example.com
- Cost: Free
- About: “You are invited to attend the Mobile World Congress “Get Connected Reception” hosted by the Ireland Pavilion.“
- Time: 15 February, 2011: 4:30-6pm
- Location: Hall 1, Stand no. 1F17, FIRA Barcelona Spain
- RSVP: Not required.
- Cost: Free
EVENT: Sybase 365 Cocktail Reception RSVP Required
TIME: 17:00 to 19:00
LOCATION: Sybase booth, Hall 2, Stand 2A15, Fira de Barcelona
MWC11 Drinks reception with Fjord & Foursquare
Why not stop by for refreshing drinks and tasty tapas after a busy day at the show? You could even meet a start-up or two.
What: Drinks reception with Fjord & Foursquare
Where: Fjord’s stand: E19 in Hall 1
When: Tuesday 15th February from 5-7pm
Networking is optional, refreshments guaranteed! Fjord is a leading digital service design agency with longstanding experience in the telecommunications sector. Fjord works with visionary clients such as Foursquare to create world-class digital services and is driven by one guiding principle: elegant simplicity. In 2010, Fjord was ranked as the fastest growing service design agency in EMEA by Deloitte and The Sunday Times.
- About: “Women in Mobile Data are excited to announce that Amdocs are kindly sponsoring their MWC2011 ‘Cava and Canapes’ networking event.“
- Time: 15 February, 2011: 5-7pm
- Location: Amdocs stand: B101 in Hall 8
- RSVP: Not required.
- Cost: Free, sponsored by Amdocs
EVENT: Ericsson Social Event Open to All
TIME: 18:30 to 20:30
LOCATION: Ericsson booth, Hall 6, Fira de Barcelona
GoMo News Blender
WHEN: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 6:30-11:00pm
WHERE: Incognito BAR, Calle Fusina 6, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
The GoMo News Blender now in its fourth year has become a symbolic, yet legitimate path of the institution that is the Mobile World Congress. Last year at the Blender, they drank the bar dry; twice! In 2010, readership on GoMo more than doubled and are hitting over 300K page views a month. Sponsors this year, for the second year running are Smaato and Diffusion PR who have doubled the investment, so there will be more food and drink for all.
Congress Party & Global Mobile Awards Celebration
WHEN: Tuesday, 15 February 2011, 7:45 – Midnight
WHERE: National Palace in Montjuïc
This evening event provides attendees with fantastic high-level networking opportunities – while enjoying world-class entertainment. This year we’re pleased to feature Grammy and Brit award-winning singer/songwriter Duffy. Welsh singer-songwriter Duffy won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album for Rockferry in 2009, and she was nominated for two other Grammy awards. The evening Congress Party & Awards Celebration is included in the Platinum Pass only, but may be added on to Gold, Silver and Exhibition Visitor Passes for an additional fee. See the website.
Silverstreet & Tranglo GSMA MWC 2011 Party
WHEN: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 9 PM
WHERE: Hyde Club, Pasaje Domingo 3, 08008 Barcelona
*RSVP by February 9, 2011 to: Barcelona@silverstreet.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, February 16th
EVENT: Teleca AB Cocktails and Snacks No RSVP required
TIME: 17:00 to 18:00
LOCATION: Teleca AB booth in Hall 8, Stand 8B79, Fira de Barcelona
MobileMonday Networking Cocktail with Marseille-Provence
Robert Maury, CEO of Provence Promotion and Jari Tammisto, CEO of MobileMonday are happy to invite you to the Mobile Monday networking cocktail event by Marseille-Provence on Wednesday 16th February 2011 at 17.00 at Mobile World Congress, Hall 2, French Pavilion at Aisle 2F49. RSVP Here.
WIP Jam Party – Carnival of Nations
A Celebration of Mobile Developers from Around the World!
February 16, 2011, 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
If you were at our party last year, or the year before, you know how great they are! If you weren’t, you won’t want to miss it this year. This is “THE” Developer Party at MWC so make sure you come and connect with all the members of the mobile ecosystem. This won’t be just any boring old party. By popular demand, we are bringing back “Jameoke” for the third time – bigger and better than ever! Best practice up for the fun! Drinks and Refreshments will be served! Don’t miss out – Register Sold Out!
WHEN: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, TIME TBC
WEBSITE: Check Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2456995682
Swedish Beers is an ad hoc (roughly quarterly) networking event for folks with an interest in mobile technology, mobile marketing and mobile media. You don’t have to be a geek to attend, and they actively encourage people to join us from all industries – media, creative, marketing, mobile, telecoms etc.
- About: “To end Mobile World Congress 2011 in style, UKTJPR (UK Tech Journalists & PRs) is having its biggest event to date. Thanks to Qualcomm and Huawei, we are hosting an Ibiza style party at the trendy Bestial Beach Lounge restaurant. The party will kick off at 20:00 – beer, wine and buffet food being served between 20:30 to 22:30. At 22:30 the fully free open bar starts, and the party gets into full swing. We have a DJ to provide the tunes, a large outdoor heated and covered terrace and relaxing indoor chill-out areas. Qualcomm will be providing shuttle buses to bring people to and from the venue. Numbers are limited so if you are able to attend, send us your hotel details and we will arrange for the buses to pick up from convenient locations. There will be a special Huawei-sponsored giveaways at the party with details to be revealed soon… The doors will close at 02:00, but for those still standing the venue is next to club Opium with easy access to taxis.“
- Time: 16 February, 2011: 8pm-1:30am
- Location: Bestial Beach Lounge Villa Olympica C/ Ramon Trias Fargas
- RSVP: Required. More information here.
- Cost: Free sponsored by Qualcomm and Huawei
Thursday, February 17th
- About: “In celebration of MWC, you are invited to take part in our first Barcelona MLOVE Party on the 17th of February – the final after work party! To dance and talk the night away, please check-in to reserve your space in the prestigious and secret party location. With a focus on small format conferences, local meet-ups and “camps” – MLOVE brings together mobile passionistas in an atmosphere of inspiration, communication, learning and understanding. MLOVE participants debate about the future of mobile and how little things can make the world a better place. The second MLOVE ConFestival 2011, www.mlove.com will take place June 29th to July 1st in an ancient castle in Europe.”
- Time: 17 February, 2011: 7-10pm
- Location: During MWC, the location details will be announced
- RSVP: On Facebook http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=130601037001088#!/event.php?eid=177300312303628
- Cost: First drinks free. “Many thanks to friendticker and MxO for sponsoring the MLOVE party.”