As you know, we’re closing to pass the 6-billion-mobile-subscribers-on-earth mark (5.9 billion and counting). A very remarkable feast and left us sometimes wondering, what else to be connected… Pundits, analysts, and futurists believe, however, that there are still more room to grow.
The phrase “50 billion connected devices by 2020″ – is one of the famous forecast by industry players. Many believe that non-human devices (machines) will be connected to the network, actively communicating – possibly later on with each other as well. Forming what we know as “machine-to-machine / M2M” communications.
Of course this will be multi billion dollar opportunities globally.
But on the flip side, M2M is a different beast to play with. Possibly requires a different skill set, strategy, marketing, product, services, and so on.
Join us this upcoming MobileMonday to network with your peers and hear yourself from our presenters – we’ll have two visionaires and two practitioners presenting:
- Date: Monday, 19 March 2012
- Time: 18.00 onwards (18.30 presentation starts)
- Venue: t.b.d. (fx Sudirman most likely)
1. Rustam Effendie, Director, Ericsson Indonesia, “M2M in a Networked Society” – Ericsson is one of the key proponent of M2M market, consistently they have preached the 50-billion vision and shared a lot of best practises in M2M opportunities.
2. Meli Wulandari, Business Incubation, Telkomsel – she’s been actively researching M2M business opportunities in Indonesia since a while.
3. Amy, Director, CPN – she will share the good and the bad of her experience from pioneering one of the most common M2M form (i.e. fleet tracking)
As usual, please head to our registration page:
This meeting is sponsored by our annual Platinum sponnsor, Research in Motion – the maker of BlackBerry handset.
See you there,