Featured App: Flipfrog Anthony Montalbano will present Flipfrog, a web app that synchronizes with your Google Calendar, Eventbrite, Meetup, and Facebook accounts to simplify your life scattered across many services. Unique to flipfrog is the forever scrolling timeline of your calendars. Even though flipfrog is purely a webapp, we have a strong emphasis on mobile devices and touch screens.
Anthony’s Bio: Anthony leads the API development for flipfrog. His past spans from the development of Dominos.com to organizing WordCamp Detroit, a weekend event around WordPress. Anthony is a strong advocate of open source, responsive web design, and web apps.
Featured Presenter: Scott Lorenz, Westwind iPhone App Publicity
Scott Lorenz, president of Westwind iPhone App Publicity, will provide a presentation on how to get started with marketing and PR to help generate more interest in your apps. Topics covered include:
- Creating a “catchy name” for your app
- Why the app’s ICON is very important
- Determining the audience for your app
- Discussing the goals for the app
- Pricing the app properly
- Describing the app concisely and convincingly in the first few lines in App Store.
- Do you need a Web site for the app?
- Writing a press release announcing the app
- Getting those first ten reviews
- Getting the tech community to write about the app
- Getting Mac and iPhone reviewers to download and use your app
- Getting video and print reviews posted on numerous sites on the Internet
- Using YouTube to promote the app
- Expanding the market of users beyond an immediate niche so that national consumer media features the app
- Obtaining TV and radio coverage
- Was Alex Baldwin’s airliner rampage really just a promotion for the “Words with Friends” app and the public offering of Zynga?
- Exposing the app to the U.S. national media
- Using wire services for national promotion
- Using social media such as Twitter and Facebook to promote your apps
- Creating a Pay Per Click (PPC) campaign on Google, Bing, Yahoo! and more…
- Resources to consult regularly i.e. iPhone App Magazine, Google Alerts
Scott Lorenz is President of Westwind Communications, a public relations and marketing firm that has a special knack for working with individuals and entrepreneurs to help them get all the publicity they deserve and more. Lorenz has handled public relations and marketing for numerous iPhone App developers, authors, doctors, lawyers, inventors and entrepreneurs.