No doubt, mobile Internet has become the recent darling of Indonesian mobile industry. Growth in number of subscribers and revenue has been attributed to the growth of mobile broadband services, which is fueled by usage of Internet through mobile devices. Many of Indonesian’s first Internet experience are actually mobile as well. Obviously Social Networking sites are the reason behind it.
We also notice the recent trend in declining mobile broadband prices (from Rp 100k/month not-so-long-ago to Rp 25k?). Good on one hand, potentially hazardous on the other hand. Is this a sign of commoditization? Or there are exciting opportunities behind it?
Join us in the upcoming MobileMonday – featuring Tencent as event sponsor.
Tencent is one of the largest Internet company in Asia – even in the world (712mn users). Initially focusing on China market, but now rapidly expanding across Asia Pacific. They are offering QQ services which is a complete mobile solutions for information, communication and SNS, and entertainment.
Confirmed speakers line up:
- Telkomsel [Gideon E. Purnomo, Head of Application, VAS, Device Management Group] – Mobile Internet: Commoditization or Monetization?
- Tencent – Mobile Internet: The Next Generation SNS for Indonesia
- MNC – Tapping the Opportunity for Mobile as a Media
- Special appearance from RIM – our annual platinum sponsored – by Alec Saunders - BlackBerry10: Best from BlackBerryWorld and BlackBerry10 Jam (additional with one developer demo BB 10)
- Date: Monday, 28 May 2012
- Time: 18.00 – finish
- Venue: Amigos Restaurant – Bellagio Mall, Kawasan Mega Kuningan Jakarta
Kindly register on www.mobilemonday.co.id/events/register-to-event
See you there!