With iOS and Android, smart phones have entered the Mobile Internet era. It is obvious to find that today’s leading smart phone platforms are not from traditional phone makers. After Apple redefined smart phone, Internet companies have been following closely this trend. Google is the first and most successful player to provide an Open OS for all phone makers to use and compete with Apple. Amazon is also grabbing people’s attention recently with its possible Amazon or Kindle Phone.
This movement is more complex in China. Being a huge market with the world’s largest Internet companies besides US, China may provide good opportunities for cloud based and services oriented smart phones. Internet giants like Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu have all entered into this competition.
“Internet Smart Phones” are also facing major challenges. Profit of smart phones in the International market being almost exclusively shared by Apple and Samsung, a reasonable revenue model is needed to support these new players.
Let’s face the pioneers of Internet Smart Phone providers and discuss together the future for their products. Please Register Here
• Bin Dai | Co-Organizer, Mobile Monday Beijing, Senior Program Manager for Partnership & Open Innovation, OrangeLabs
• Xiaoyin Tian | Co-Organizer, Mobile Monday Beijing, Manager for Partnership & Open Innovation, OrangeLabs
- FireFox OS, Mozilla, Web based OS for smart phones
After their long-time experience and success in Internet browsing, Mozilla enters into smart phone OS with the brand new Fire Fox OS. Previously named “Boot to Gecko”, this is an entirely web and HTML5 based OS, and is said to target the world’s lower-end smart phone market segments.
- Xiaomi, from Miliao to Xiaomi Phone
Xiaomi has phenomenal performance in the smart phone market. Their MIUI, Miliao are attracting a huge base of funs to adopt Xiaomi phones. More stories to be shared by Xiaomi…
- Dianxin OS, Android for Brands
Dianxin OS is from an Innovation Works company. Being an Android-based OS, Dianxin aims to help phone manufactures or brands to quickly enter the smart phone business and start new products and models, by providing an integrated solution including hardware/chipset support, Android OS optimization & adaptation, Apps, and Cloud services.
19:00 – Doors Open 准备入场
19:30 – 21:00 – Speeches 演讲分享
21:00 – 22:00 – Networking & Buffet 自由交谈及自助餐
• Attendance is limited to 120 participants due to the size of the venue.
• As we wish to keep Mobile Monday a pleasant experience, we won’t accept non-registered participants from now on. Hence, we recommend to register early.
• As usual, doors open at 19:00 and we start sharp at 19:30pm.