Mobile Monday Ann Arbor
Get ready for a whirlwind tour of Android native application development. The items on the agenda include:
- Intro / What is Android / How it came to be
- Requirements / Specs / Device history / Version differences
- Setting up and installing Eclipse / SDK / google api's / NDK
- Writing your first Android app (Hello, world! example)
- NDK and Dalvik JVM discussion
- App signing requirements and deploying to the market
- Ice Cream Sandwich and the Future of Android
Blackberry Runtime for Android Overview:
Also, we will be discussing the runtime for Android that Blackberry has recently launched and as part of this presentation we will be giving away a free Blackberry Playbook ($500 value) to one lucky Android developer.
Blackberry has a runtime for Android that lets you port your Android apps over to the Blackberry Playbook. So bring your app, they'll load it right there in a matter of minutes and then give you the Playbook they just loaded it to. To qualify, you just need to bring your APK files and we'll have a drawing for the winner.
The talk will be presented by Matt Mossman who develops software for the Android platform at Arbormoon Software, Inc. He also co-founded 'Killer Android', an organization started by developers for developers.
Matt will also be assisted by the other members of the Android Team at Arbormoon Software, Inc.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104 - USA
Wednesday, November 30 at 6:30 PM